GENERAL APPLICATION INFORMATION
The Office of Graduate Studies and Research is committed to providing our students with the highest quality graduate programmes that are built on a solid academic foundation. We offer a wide range of face-to-face, distance and online programmes. You might be planning to pursue a Taught Masters or a Research Degree and we want to let you know that whichever you choose, the UWI Graduate School has just the right programme for you. We invite you to browse through the various listings for one that suits your career goals and submit your application and supporting documents by the stipulated deadline. Note, however, that for applications and supporting documents to the Doctor of Medicine programmes, the deadline is December 31, 2014.
The minimum requirement for admission to a taught masters' degree (i.e MA, MEd, MBA, MSc, MSW etc) shall normally be a Lower Second Class Honours degree or its equivalent. You should also see specific Departmental requirements. In order to enroll in a Research degree (i.e. MPhil/PhD), you should have at least an Upper Second Class Honours degree or its equivalent.
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete the ONLINE Application form located at: http://sas.uwimona.edu.jm:9010. Log on to the website and select "APPLY FOR ENTRY TO THE UWI" and follow the instructions.
- The deadline for the receipt of completed application and supporting documents is January 31, 2015 for entry in September 2015 and April 30, 2015 for entry in January 2016.
- Final year undergraduate students are advised to apply for entry to the programme of choice by the stipulated deadline.
- Successful applicants can be enrolled in only one programme at The University of the West Indies in any one year.
- Please submit ORIGINAL copies of your supporting documents, after uploading them to your application online, to The Assistant Registrar, Office of Graduate Studies and Research, The University of the West Indies, Mona Campus by the stipulated deadline.
- Although you may upload copies of your certificates, you MUST also request your degree granting institutions, other than UWI, to forward your OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT directly to The Assistant Registrar, Office of Graduate Studies and Research, University of the West Indies, Mona Campus, Kingston 7, Jamaica W.I. by the stipulated deadline. If you are a previous UWI graduate, you will not need to submit a UWI transcript.
- If you fail to submit the ORIGINAL copies of your supporting documents (including references) by the stipulated deadline, this will delay the processing of your application. Please note that we MUST receive original documents for verification purposes, before a decision can be made on your application.
view more information view application package